Wednesday 15 April 2015

From Hut to House.




My home sweet home for the past three plus years. 
I moved!!!!! 
That's right, I no longer live in a mud hut.  I am pleased to announce that as of last month I now live in a fancy brick house.

Getting materials for a house in an area as remote as Nagishot takes a lot of time, work and planning. This house has been two years in the making, as bricks, cement and rocks had to be slowly gathered.

The Pontiers, a long term missionary couple with A.I.M, agreed to come live in a tent and help organize all the gathering of supplies and oversee the building project.

Below are a few pictures I thought I'd share with you!


Lisa and my new home. 
Veranda. 

Back yard.

Inside.



Our Dining Room/Kitchen.
A kitchen with lots of counter space!


My dad made all the shelves while he was visiting me last month!!! 
Fresh Foods! 

The pantry! 




We have solar power! 







My Room.











I have a sink!

And a shower! 

All of our water flows from these two black water tanks filled by catching the rain off the roof. 

We are thankful that there is now a house for missionaries to come and live in, as they minister in Nagishot!  

1 comment:

  1. This is so freakin' awesome, Abbi! I love you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete