Tuesday 29 May 2012

Adventures in thought- A Beautiful Life.


Some girls romanticized love and marriage their whole lives; I romanized missions and Africa. I love the stories of people like Jim Elliot, who gave his life and death for the gospel or Amy Carmichael a single women who left all behind giving up everything so that she could serve with her whole heart or the Moravian believers Leonard Dober and David Nitschmann, who volunteered to go as missionaries to work amongst the slaves in the West Indies, actually selling themselves into slavery, with their famous scream “Is not the lamb who was slain worthy to receive the reward of His suffering?” These men and women did not seek to be idols they sought to be examples. I love these stories because they are brave, sold out, completely focused on God’s glory. 
The reality is, living daily like that is hard. Giving “all” is a lot, in fact, it seems to always become more and more, I’ll be honest, I’m not there yet. The more I know, the more I know I don’t know and more I see what God can do through a devoted heart the more I want to have a fully devoted heart. What made these people great was not them, it was what they believed about God, it was God’s Spirit in them. It wasn’t that they were perfect but they looked to Him who was. What we believe about God will shape are every day...Pray that I would believe God and that I would trust and follow Him. I pray the same for you. 
                                                                                                          True Christianity is a choice to believe, a choice to be all in, a choice to follow no matter what the cost, no matter what the repercussions, no matter how small or large the sacrifice may seem, no matter many times we fail, repent, come back and follow. We are only on this earth for a while, this is not our home, this is not our inheritance, this is an opportunity… an opportunity to see God's glory, an opportunity to suffer, an opportunity to be part of something glorious, rise up, choose to believe, choose to obey, choose to follow…For our King and His glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment